Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

What a busy month...

Labels:

...since my last post. We have closed things out in our ministry up in Massachusetts, packed up the house, loaded up a 28 foot trailer, moved to South Carolina, repaired the parsonage, unloaded the trailer and are currently trying to unpack boxes. It feels like it will never end. It also makes me appreciate what a benefit it was for the government to move us while we were in the military...because if I had to move myself I would not have served nearly as long as I did.

The parsonage is a module home (or double-wide depends on where you're from) and need lots of help. I want to thank my brother, DJ, for coming down from Greenville to help us repair the parsonage. We took out the old nasty, smelly, stained carpet and put in new wood floors in the entry-way, living room, dining room, hallway, and the kitchen. Lowes will be installing new carpet in the 4 bedrooms on Friday. We also put in new paneling on nearly all of the walls with trim and such. We painted everything from the floor up to include the ceiling with Kilz to cover stains, prep the walls and give us a starting point for Kimberly's decoration ideas. We still have exposed cabinets in the kitchen because we don't know what we are going to do about the doors and drawers. And we still have a few minor plumbing and electrical issues that are being checked out. The Lord has blessed us and we are excited that this house will become a home soon and that this effort will be a blessing to us and the church. With our two weeks here focusing on the parsonage I have not had much time for visitation or surveying of the community, but I hope to resolve this throughout this week.

PS. Michele, DJ's wife, even was motivated enough to paint my future office at the church so it is just a matter of time this week to get the desk and office setup and ready for business.

Keep praying for us as we settle in and get out into the neighborhoods shortly. The Lord has already blessed with visitors nearly every Sunday and for that we are thrilled! God bless you and expect to see more postings from me now!

Martin R Coon, Pastor
Gosepl Light Baptist Church
Orangeburg, South Carolina
www.glbcorangeburg.com
2 comments:
gravatar
Liz said...
April 4, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Martin,

Liz, Tyler and I are so excited for you and your family. Just wish we were closer. We've all been praying for you and can't wait till we can come and visit.

Til HE comes,
Keith

gravatar
Anonymous said...
April 12, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

You are in my prayers Brother.

Post a Comment