Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

A Pastor's Prayer

Labels:
Dear Heavenly Father,

In spite of everything, I thank You for calling me to this work, and I praise Your name for success amid failure, conversions among the hardened, and a few kind words from my friends to offset the gossip of my critics. Save me from obsessing over my foes or from thinking I'm a martyr because of low approval ratings. Don't just keep me faithful; make me joyful. Relieve my anxieties, increase my confidence, and use me despite myself. Keep me from leaving this work a minute too early, or from staying a day too long. In all I do, help me work heartily as unto You, offering the work of my hands and heart as a sweet savour humbly rendered. Anoint me with Your blessings, though delayed or unseen, for You have promised that my labor in You is not in vain, and I am taking You at Your Word.

In Jesus' name. Amen.
0 comments:

Post a Comment