Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Conversations with God - Revisited

Labels:
Many fan sites have been created and many "religious leaders" have embraced the book "Conversations with God" and its author. Many have defended the negative views as coming from narrow-minded, hypocritical people who don't think that God could be revealed this way. One fan site said this:
Now that's one provocative title for a book - Conversations with God. The idea of some guy having a conversation with God can be disturbing/uneasy in several different ways.

Some people, the ones taking religion too seriously have been taught that God does not speak to regular people, and even if he did, he would never sound like the God in Neale's books, but above all he would NEVER say the things written in these books. A God that loves unconditionally, and forgives us everything by default - that is absurd! Heresy! Blasphemy!
I take God seriously when He speaks of His impending judgment and His plan for escaping this judgment. Or His willingness to forgive and yet He holds us accountable for our sin. I pay attention when He speaks of His love and when He mentions the things He despises. I take God serious and so should all of us. And someday all of us will be faced with that reality of who Jesus is (Romans 14:10-13).

The truth is that it doesn't really matter what you believe about God, or if you believe in a God at all. It is the content of the book that is important, not the source! Neale asks God the questions that have been asked by all of us - questions about money, sex, relationships, prosperity, happiness, health, death, the soul, love. And as the book itself says: "believe nothing I say. Simply live it. Experience it. Then live whatever other paradigm you want to construct. Afterward, look to your experience to find your truth." Personally, I have not found better answers. I do not know a better way to live.


My answer to this...simply put it does matter what you believe about God.

God would never contradict Himself. He would not be disgusted by a sin (homosexuality) 3,000 years ago and then suddenly embrace that sin today...God is not an author of lies or contradicts, but we know another spiritual being is the 'father of lies' Jesus answers the 'religiously open-minded leaders of his day with this argument recorded in John 8-
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.


So you cannot say "I believe in God" and then deny Jesus as God's Son and the only way to have access to the Father (God) whether that access is a spiritual life, an access through prayer, or a future home in heaven...to deny Jesus Christ is to deny God and any relationship with God! Then is this author replacing Jesus and revealing God apart from Jesus? Is the author revealing God the same way that Jesus did? Or rather is this author revealing God seemingly as a liar and a person of contradictions? I Cor 14:33 in dealing with how God works in the church says that "God is not the author of confusion" and yet we see a very contradictory and confusion God presented in this book and by those who defend the author and his writings.

This is a strong warning to Christians (those who believe in both God and Jesus Christ) to be even more faithful and obedient in these days of the spirit of those who are anti Christ as John wrote "even now already is it in the world" (I John 4:3).
0 comments:

Post a Comment