Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Life Without Christ is Without Hope

Labels:
A life without Christ is a life without hope and a sure path to sadness and loss. Not just to the one without Christ but also to every life that’s touched by a hopeless life. Reaching people with the “Good News” of Jesus Christ is not just about heaven. It’s also about sharing hope.
In the space of just a few days, mass shootings at a mall in Omaha, Neb., and at two churches in Colorado (Arvada and Colorado Springs) have claimed the lives of 14 people (including two gunmen). CNN reports that the same man, Matthew Murray, perpetrated the killings at a Youth With a Mission dormitory at Faith Bible Chapel near Denver and at New Life Church in Colorado Springs. Details regarding the motivation of the Colorado shooter have not yet been established. But more is known about the Omaha shooter who killed eight victims before taking his own life. Robert Hawkins, 19, left a suicide note which alternately voiced despair and a desire for fame: “I’ve just snapped. I can’t take this meaningless existence anymore. I’ve been a constant disappointment and that trend would have only continued. I know everyone will remember me as some sort of monster, but please understand that I just don’t want to be a burden on the ones that I care for [for] my entire life.” Elsewhere in the note, he said of his motivation, “Just think tho I’m gonna be [expletive] famous. … I just want to take a few pieces of [expletive] with me.” [abcnews.com, 12/8-10/07; cnn.com, 12/10/07]
0 comments:

Post a Comment