Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Love Your Pastor

Labels: ,
October is Clergy Appreciation Month which is dedicated to uplifting and encouraging our nation's spiritual leaders (the pastor) in the church.

I have often revolted against that word, CLERGY, because it includes those that I would not refer to as pastors. But since religious organizations often have different names for their spiritual leaders I guess Clergy is meant to be the universal umbrella that covers them no matter the religious sect. Of course, I'm always quick to claim it when its on the sign for good parking spots at the hospital or a discount at a local establishment (I'm mostly kidding!). I do want to boldly say something and understand I don't want to seem to be self-serving but
Church members you absolutely need to love your pastor and his family...and you need to show it! If you can't love them then you need to ask God to work more in your life or you need to leave that church.
All of the members of my church are supportive and loving towards my family and I. They regularly show it, but there is one man in particular who blesses me more than gifts, or taking us out to eat, or whatever. This man is such an encouragement, such a blessing to me because he often tells me that he loves me. Not for any personal gain or because I have done something for him, but because he simply loves me and I know and see it from him. Understand that outside of my family, no man has ever said this to me and that overwhelms me (in a good way!) and is such a blessing!! This man is over 20 years older than me and I should be the one to encourage him but it seems the Lord brings this man to tell me that he loves me at just the times that I need uplifting and encouragement.

Church member understand that pastors and their families face incredible pressures. They often feel overwhelmed by unrealistic expectations and demands and frequently battle burnout. So, while prayer support is important throughout the year, Clergy Appreciation Month is dedicated to uplifting and encouraging pastors. So for the next couple of weeks, I want to encourage you to love your pastor and to tell him and show it. I guarantee that if the church members do this and show it not necessarily with gifts but with a sincere heart...it will make a world of difference in your church and to your pastor and his family!
0 comments:

Post a Comment