Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Who Are You Speaking For?

Labels:
Matthew 16:17 "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."


Have you ever heard your parents when you're the one talking?  I can't tell you how many times I've been talking to someone and hear my father's voice...of course, he's not in the room or even the same state.  Even stranger is when I know I'm laughing and again hear my father's laugh.  Who are you speaking for today? The truth is, you are speaking for someone other than yourself. Peter was speaking for God Almighty. His declaration came from God Himself. That is something truly amazing. But is being filled with the Spirit a general event, or is it moment-by-moment?

Compare Matthew 16:17 ("My Father which is in heaven [hath revealed it unto thee]") to Matthew 16:23 ("Get thee behind me, Satan"). Wouldn't you know it-Peter was speaking again. But was it Peter or Satan speaking? The answer is "yes." He was not thinking right; the Bible word is "savorest" in verse 23. Peter went from speaking for God to speaking for Satan in a matter of moments.

Just like in Matthew, today there are two opposite sources. You can speak for the Lord or for Satan. God will not take tritely our speaking for and of the Savior. It should be obvious that the source is not you; it is your Father in Heaven.

May God help us to make sure the words we say come from our Father above and not from the Enemy.
0 comments:

Post a Comment