Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Perspective

Labels:
I wish I could write with the eloquence of a speech-writer and the beauty of a poet. But either way I appreciate that others have the talent to sum up how I feel so many times. So Bob Benson put it this way-
We are a generation in a hurry, captured by a desire to finish it up, to get it done. We hurriedly take our place in today's horn blowing, door slamming, rib jostling society. To speed us on our way, we've devised condensed books, instant coffee, and tv dinners. We want to ride on the freeway; any little delay in the middle lane, and we are filled with impatient acts, unkind words, and unprintable thoughts. This must be part of the reason it's sometimes hard to walk with God. He doesn't seem to get in a hurry. His plan may turn us off through sorrow's valley, or across monotony's plain, or up pain's winding hill. For in His wisdom, He sees there are some things you cannot do quickly. There are some places you cannot be in an instant. He knows it takes delay and dark nights, setbacks and sad hours mixed with sunshine and blessing, freeways and bypasses.

And learning slowly, I am prone to pray, "God, send relief! I cannot bear the sorrow, pain, and tears." But with time's passing, I have come to pray, "God, I want to learn quickly; I want to know Thy way." So let Him have His way. Let Him slow you down or hold you still or back you up. He will get you there, in His time and in His way.

I couldn't agree more and I strive to teach this to my church. I strive to make the Word of God relevant to them through successes and failures through sorrows and joys. For me personally, I pray that God gives me the wisdom to recognize the good and bad times that He has me go through and the maturity to learn the lesson the first time.
0 comments:

Post a Comment