Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Remember 9/11

Labels:
We all watched in horror as planes crashed into those majestic towers. When damaged, they eventually plummeted to the ground. Yet under the debris there was a foundation not destroyed. Yes, our nation has been attacked. Buildings destroyed. Lives lost.
But now we have a choice - whether to implode and disintegrate as a nation, or to become stronger, to rebuild on a solid foundation. I believe we are starting to rebuild our nation on that foundation. And that foundation is our trust in God.

[Editor: this speech was given by a pastor within days of 9/11]

A Sure Foundation

Psalm 54:1-4, 7

Save me, O God, by thy name,
and judge me by thy strength.
Hear my prayer, O God;
give ear to the words of my mouth.
For strangers are risen up against me,
and oppressors seek after my soul:
they have not set God before them.
Behold, God is mine helper...

For he hath delivered me out of all trouble:
and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment